Disqus Shortname

theme-daddy

Carlos Alcaraz books place in maiden French Open final with five-set win over Jannik Sinner

Alcaraz to face Alexander Zverev in Sunday's final

Alcaraz prevails 2-6 6-3 3-6 6-4 6-3 in epic semi-final

Carlos Alcaraz has reached his first French Open final after coming from behind to beat second seed Jannik Sinner in a classic semi-final on Friday.

The 19-year-old Spaniard, who is the youngest man to reach a Grand Slam final since Rafael Nadal at the 2005 French Open, will face German fourth seed Alexander Zverev in Sunday's final.

Alcaraz started poorly and fell behind early, but he fought back to win the second and fourth sets before breaking Sinner's serve in the ninth game of the decider to seal victory.

"It was an incredible match," said Alcaraz. "I'm so happy to have won and to have reached my first Grand Slam final. I'm going to give everything I have in the final and I hope to win the title."


No comments:

Post a Comment